The Committee seeks ways to promote sports, physical activity and fitness and healthy living amongst members of staff and the student body at Junior College.
The aims of this Committee are to:
- coordinate the strategy, activities and initiatives related to sports and leisure at college including the annual Sport and Wellbeing Festival
- raise awareness amongst staff and students about the importance of physical activity and healthy living
- organise events aimed at youths
- coordinate the participation of JC in national sport events
- explore possibilities of sponsorships and reduced gym memberships for our staff and students
- propose policies and suggestions related to physical activity and healthy living to the College Administration
- propose EP units to promote physical activity and healthy living
- seek funding to implement projects within Junior College for the promotion of sport and healthy living.
2022/23 Committee Composition
Dr Patrick Schembri
Two student representatives