Parents and guardians are our partners.
Parents/guardians play an important role in the education of students attending the College, particularly those who are under 18 years. At JC we recognise this and we seek to work closely with parents/guardians for the benefit of students.
In the case of students who are still minors, the following points are of particular importance to parents and guardians:
- read through the prospectus to ensure they are familiar with the educational experience their children are embarking on
- ensure that at least one parent/guardian is residing in Malta for students who are under 18 years of age
- keep a copy of your children’s timetable, room allocation and names of lecturers
- be aware that students may make use of all facilities and services indicated in the prospectus in accordance with their needs without having to request their consent
- fill in an official consent form for your children so that they can attend activities outside College under College supervision
- expect to receive information via letters, by text message, and even the College website. Letters to students and parents/guardians are always accompanied by a text message notification to parents/guardians. Parents/guardians may opt out of this text messaging service. Should they wish to do so, they are to write a letter to the Student Services Office (SSO) requesting to be unsubscribed, and
- immediately inform the College should contact details, especially the mobile phone number, change in order to ensure good communication.
We encourage parents and guardians to
- visit the College website regularly and follow JC on Facebook (remember to click the 'Like' button)
- participate in College activities whenever these are open to the public
- contact the Office of the Principal (tel: +356 2590 7201 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for an appointment whenever required
- request a meeting with the Subject Coordinators and lecturers; and
- contact the Counselling Service to seek support and advice when dealing with their children (tel: +356 2590 7291/7423).
- contact the Student Advisor to seek support and advice about academic issues (tel: +356 2590 7262)
Some important information for parents and guardians
Calendar of events
Important procedures and student duties
Listen to the episode from the Junior College radio programme mill-Kulleġġ dedicated to role that parents/guardians of students can play in this career-building journey :
(the episode is in the Maltese language)