The Committee was set up with the aim of focusing on environmental issues and creating awareness amongst students and staff about them.
The Committee shall include at least two student representatives, ideally both first-year students. The students should remain in office till end of January of their second-year at the College.
The aims of the group are to:
- focus proactively on environmental issues in order to increase awareness among students and members of staff
- carry out studies in environmental issues for the benefit of the College
- be aware of environmental legislations and any impact these might have on the operations of the College
- recommend to the College Administration strategies, policies, practices, changes to regulations and improvements to the physical environment of the College to ensure it is more environmentally conscious
- act as point of reference for organisations working in the environmental field
- promote awareness about campaigns in favour of environmental issues
- organise activities that promote environmental consciousness like clean-ups both within the College Campus and beyond.
2022/23 Committee Composition