The College strongly believes that each individual is different. Difference may arise for many reasons including, but not only, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs and disability. The group was set up in 2014 with the aim of focusing on diversity issues and creating awareness amongst students and staff about them.
The Committee shall include at least two student representatives; ideally both first-year students. The students should remain in office till end of January of their second-year at the College.
The aims of the group are to:
- focus proactively on diversity issues in order to increase awareness among students and members of staff
- carry out studies in areas of diversity, equality and inclusion for the benefit of the College
- recommend to the College Administration strategies, policies, practices, changes to regulations and improvements to the physical environment of the College to ensure it is welcoming for students and staff, irrespective of their differences
- act as point of reference for organisations working in the field of diversity, equality and inclusion
- promote awareness about campaigns in favour of diversity, equality and inclusion
- act as alternative source of support and help within the Wellbeing Services offered at JC.
2023/25 Committee Composition
Listen to the episode about Diversity and Inclusion from the Junior College radio programme mill-Kulleġġ:
(the episode is in the Maltese language)