Presentation, Communication & Public Speaking Skills (C016) is an Enrichment Programme Unit for students who need to work on their communication skills, specifically presentation and public speaking skills.
By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- prepare a PowerPoint presentation at the end of the programme
- deliver the presentation to a number of attendees
- prepare a speech / talk and eventually be able to deliver it to a number of attendees
- work on their self-development and self-confidence.
21st century skills addressed in the unit:
- ICT literacy
- Critical thinking
Duration and frequency of sessions
2 hours every week
Total duration of the EPU
Proposed day and time
Wednesday afternoon, however the exact day and time will will be decided during the first meeting as it depends on the availability of the group.
Maximum marks possibly earned in this EPU: 5 marks
At the end of the programme, students will be delivering a short speech / presentation to a number of attendees and students will be given the skills in order to improve such skills.
The unit is organised as follows:
- 2 hr Communication Skills
- 2 hr Public Speaking Skills
- 2 hr Building self-confidence
- 2 hr Group work / Discussions / Working on Individual Presentation (10 mins)
- 2 hr Practical aspect - students will deliver a presentation.
Small groups and individual attention will be given.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
No registration/participation fees are required.
Mr Giosuè Pianciamore and Fr Bernard Micallef