Ħsieb Ħieles JC (C005) is an Enrichment Programme Unit for students who love to discuss topical subjects such as politics, social issues and ethics.
By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss with others in a well-mannered way
- speak about various topics
- listen to the point of view of others
- understand that there are multiple perspectives about the same subject and respect those who express them
- organise a meeting where guest speakers are invited to interact with an audience
- design an event poster
- manage an event and may also learn how to lead a discussion.
21st century skills addressed in the unit:
- Cultural & Civic literacy
- Critical thinking
- Social & Cultural awareness
Duration and frequency of sessions
1 hour every fortnight
Total duration of the EPU
Proposed day and time
To be decided during the first meeting
Maximum marks possibly earned in this EPU: 10 marks
Students are expected to attend the Ħsieb Ħieles JC committee meetings twice a month and participate in the organisation and running of the debates. The debates will be open to all JC students. As a member of the committee, you will be required to contribute to the development of this politically independent group.
This unit may be used as part of a SOK project provided the student attends all 20 hours.
Participation in this unit implies an open mind.
No registration/participation fees are required.
Grupp Ħsieb Ħieles Committee Chair