True Maths (C020) is an Enrichment Programme Unit for students who would love mathematics and/or games and would like to have a taster of what mathematics is really about.
By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- be able to solve problems collaboratively
- be able to think critically
- be able to interact with each other socially.
21st century skills addressed in the unit:
- Critical thinking
Duration and frequency of sessions
2 hours every week
Total duration of the EPU
Proposed day and time
Wednesday 14:00 to 16:00
Maximum marks possibly earned in this EPU: 5 marks
The programme is open to any student who would like to join, even if maths is not one of their study subjects at JC. Any student (first or second year) that has an aptitude for mathematics and/or games and who have a competitive and collaborative mindset may apply. Students are expected to be punctual and respectful to their peers. Students are presented with problems which they solve sometimes individually, sometimes in groups and other times as an entire group.
- A minimum of 5 students is required to run the unit.
- This unit will be offered during first term, before the Christmas recess (from early November to mid December).
- No registration fees are required.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Dr Alexander Farrugia