The additional language option is offered to first year Junior College students enrolled in Matriculation Course (Standard), Matriculation Course (Extra), Study Programme for 18+ Students and Study Programme for Students with Disability.
Students taking up this option will be automatically gaining the advantages of enrolling in the Enrichment Programme (EP), including the possibility of earning up to 30 marks which maybe used for the purpose of promotion to second year. For more information about the EP click the link above.
1. The additional language option is given to first year students starting October enrolled in: Matriculation Course (Standard) and (Extra), Study Programme for 18+ Students and Study Programme for Students with Disability only.
2. The additional language is offered on a voluntary basis. This means that the student may:
a. withdraw from studying the additional language at any point during the course
b. follow the course to completion and then opt not to sit for the MATSEC examination.
3. Students will be prepared to sit for the MATSEC Intermediate Matriculation exam at the end of the two-(2)-year course. Students starting in October 2021 will be prepared for the May-June 2023 session. This applies to English, French, German, Italian, Malti and Spanish only.
4. Lectures are scheduled for Wednesday from 14:00 to 16:00 hours. English, French, German, Italian, Malti and Spanish taken at Intermediate Matriculation level are scheduled to have two (2) consecutive hours per week over the two-(2)-year course. Whereas Chinese for Beginners and Maltese for International Students are scheduled to have two (2) consecutive hours per week over one (1) year.
5. Assessment during the course will be formative. Any marks obtained will not be valid for the purpose of promotion.
6. Students may apply for this option after they receive the Acceptance Letter until Friday 24 September 2021.
7. Students will not be allowed to study an additional language if they have already chosen it for their Matriculation Course/Study Programme