Video Production, Introduction to (C014) is an Enrichment Programme Unit for students who are interested in art, drama, photography and video production
By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the main steps in film-making
- identify the scenario
- write a script
- produce a storyboard
- produce a short video
- identify the various platforms where to publish their production.
21st century skills addressed in the unit:
- Scientific literacy
- ICT literacy
- Cultural & Civic literacy
- Critical thinking
- Social & Cultural awareness
Duration and frequency of sessions
1-2 hours every week
Total duration of the EPU
Proposed day and time
This will be decided during the first meeting as it depends on the availability of the group.
Maximum marks possibly earned in this EPU: 5 marks
As pre-requisite it is advisable to have either completed the EPU in photography, or have a basic knowledge of photography. Students are expected to attend regularly as each session builds on the previous one. The course has sessions dedicated to theory of videography and hands-on sessions.
This program can be used as part of an SOK Project especially if joined to the Photography Club. This is subject to the approval of the SOK coordinator, to be sought by the students themselves.
- Student registration is on a first come first served basis.
- During sessions students are expected to respect the code of behaviour at all times
- Any videos produced during the course need to be approved by the EP coordinator.
- Students will be required to give their consent to use their own images.
No registration/participation fees are required.
Mr Riccardo Flask