Journalism, Basic course in (C017) is an Enrichment Programme Unit for students who are interested in journalism, news story writing and broadcasting.
By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- write short news stories
- understand how media works
- shoot video/pictures to accompany news stories.
21st century skills addressed in the unit:
- ICT literacy
- Critical thinking
- Social & Cultural awareness
Duration and frequency of sessions
1 hour every week
Total duration of the EPU
Proposed day and time
This will be decided during the first meeting as it depends on the availability of the group.
Maximum marks possibly earned in this EPU: 10 marks
Students are expected to attend theory sessions, participate in visits and workshops and work on the production of one or more stories. The course consists of the following parts:
- 1 hr introduction
- 2 x 2 hr visits
- 5 x 1 hr theory sessions
- 5 x 1 hr workshops
- 5 x 1 hr working on task/deliverable product.
- Minimum number of participants is 5.
- Maximum number of participants is 10.
- Student registration is on a first come first served basis.
- Students are required to attend regularly and respect code of behaviour.
No registration/participation fees are required.
Mr Riccardo Flask